Sunday, October 22, 2006

Running Late, Again

I’ve been reading Out of the Silent Planet at work. So far, I can barely remember a damn thing about it, and most of those are the notes the book’s previous owner left for me.

“Ransome examines space."
“This seems like a flimsy excuse for Ransome to stay.”
“Background Information.”


Still not as amusing as the copy of
The Runes Of The Earth I read, which begins with book-report style margin notes, and eventually degrades into swearing whenever Linden Avery does something stupid. Which, being a Thomas Covenant novel, is fairly often. (If the protagonist endangers the arc of time, take a drink.)

Meanwhile, I’ve started playing video games again, after a one year hiatus. Which means that I’m now buying video games again. While the sales clerks are more desperate than ever to super-size my purchase, they don’t seem to understand that I need to be bribed. Purchasing the right to purchase an item when it comes into the store doesn’t do much for me. However, I was the bewildered owner of a “Viewtiful Joe” bobblehead for a time.


As I recall, the bobblehead was in my possession for longer than the game was.

No comments: