Sunday, October 15, 2006

Punchline, After The Ellipses

Consider Narraptor's challenges taken. And I can already announce that no matter what you've been told, man is not the greatest monster of them all.

Now I just have to find a way to get back to my giant piles of papers saved through the years, under the mistaken impression that I'd one day want to read them again. I'm sure at least one of my short stories must have survived. Barring that, perhaps I can entertain with a campfire tale about how my third-grade teacher read my Halloween story aloud, deliberately pronouncing every spelling and grammar error to make them clear to the whole classroom. I don't remember the experience dampening my enthusiasm for writing, or for making terrible spelling errors.

I have just discovered something: Giving myself only a short time to post before work was not a smart idea. On the other hand, I now have three fragmented paragraphs I can try to rehabilitate in time for my next entry. Instead of inflicting them on you, I'll end with my own brief tale of MMORPG burnout. World of Warcraft has devolved into a expensive instant messaging system to communicate with my friends who still tolerate it. At the same time, I haven't logged on in months, because I don't have time to play the game I'm no longer interested in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Log on and give me all you epix..... or gold..... or something :-p