Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sometimes Mr. Bile Is Boring

By posting that he would write something interesting later on Thursday, Mr. Bile violated Canned Food and Shotguns Rule #2. For those keeping track at home:

No spoiler warnings

No posts promising more or better posts later in the day

No apologizing for not posting on post days

No spelling apologize with a "s" or color with an "u"

No boring posts about boredom or depressing posts about depression

No politics

No Ron Jeremy or ATM


I believe the third, fourth, and fifth rules are new. Rules #6 and #7 have gone unsaid, but have always been in place. None of these have been ratified by a show of hands, but I intend to strictly enforce them all. The consequences for breaking a rule are having said disobedience pointed out. Mr. Bile, consider yourself chastened for ignoring rules you never agreed to and I just came up with.


Let the metafictional conflict begin. It can be like
The Colbear Repor, but without the people who don't get it going "Whoo!"

Now, I happen to know that Mr. Bile was facing technical difficulties on Thursday which may have prevented him from giving us insight into why he no longer plays Give Me the Brain Age, but that is precisely why Rule #2 is in place. It saves us all from disappointment and more behind-the-scenes blogger commentary like this. I probably wouldn't have mentioned it at all, but given that I only have proof that Mr. Bile and I visit this page on a regular basis, I'm not too concerned with whether I'm boring people or not at this point. Add to my comments section sometime and I'll start to tailor stuff to you, dear Stephen King Reader. One person already got the font changed. Who knows what influence you might have?


I was issued a challenge last week that I was not able to address, but I now accept. Look it up, dear. Or wait until Tuesday.


I turned this on five minutes in last Saturday and watched it in its entirety. Never before has the Frogtown Barrier been crossed at 9:00 in the evening. (An interesting aspect of the Frogtown phenomenon, alcohol is never involved.)

There was one good joke in the...er, film: "Pick up my brother at the airport." You had to be there and you didn't want to, as it was at the expense of James "Lo Pan" Hong, one of the last great Asian-American character actors of our time. At some point in the future, the sad state of parody must be discussed.

No comments: