Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I Live Some More

Greetings. I am not dead. The most recent attempt on my life has failed.

It was clever plot. A mere hundred feet after my exit onto the 405 the SUV ahead of me pulled to the left, revealing a two-car construction truck stopped just ahead. Unable to switch lanes, I slammed the breaks on my trusty Civic and avoided a collision. The accomplice in the car behind me chickened-out at the last moment, and slowed to a halt rather than drive me into the suspiciously placed blockade.


Had I been unable to stop in time, the last words I heard would have involved Microsoft certification issues on downloadable content for a Xbox game whose title I don't even know.


This was the second assassination I escaped today. Early in the afternoon, I found out the hard way that the office freezer was littered with tiny bits of glass. Thanks to the impromptu surgical skills of a brave administrative assistant, the glass was quickly removed from my fingers, allowing me to type this update for you today.

These events got me thinking. From this moment on, I will live life to the fullest. I've been in a rut for too long. As soon as this is posted, I'm going to download some new podcasts.

In site news, the accidental redesign has received one positive comment. Therefore, the blog will remain in its current state until I get an e-mail from someone who suffers from a medical condition which causes nosebleeds at the sight of green.

5 comments:

Mister Bile said...

Did you offer a million dollars to the first person to assassinate you? That didn't go so well the last time you did that.

Anonymous said...

Hmm... is "I Live Some More" a reference to Hexan? And if so do I get geek points for picking up on it?

Narraptor said...

Hexen? Not as far as I recall. I was thinking Warcraft 2 by way of Army of Darkness.

Unless you can prove otherwise, no geek points for you.

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I believe the game I was thinking about was "Blood." Right genre, wrong FPS.

And apparently the declaration "I live...AGAIN!" when you respawn is a reference to Army of Darkness.

Where does Warcraft 2 come into it?

Narraptor said...

You're right. It was a reference to Blood. Promise me a Life Leech staff in Halo 3 and I'll pick up and Xbox.

I think the reason I got it confused with Warcraft 2 was because I replaced the death knight's summoning sound with an Army of Darkness .wav file for awhile.

Congratulations. You get a geek point AND a nostalgia point.