Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Hatter

Can we at least have two official Canned Food and Shotguns hats? I'll sponsor the "My Hat of Magical Realism Knows No Limit" top hat and you can have the "Don't Believe the Hat" fedora. As usual, I suspect your in-joke will have greater mass appeal. That's why I get the top hat.

In addition, we might want to consider a "You try spelling 'labyrinth' at 4 in the morning" bumper sticker, because our tags are all wrong.


Out of curiosity, how would you feel about
Pan's Labyrinth if you were told the Faun was all of the other monsters? Scroll down to "I wouldn't have guessed the frog" and let me know what you think. My opinion stands, but with more vulgar language.

4 comments:

Mister Bile said...

I figured that the Faun was also the Pale Man, and not just because they were played by the same actor. At the end of the film, I could've sworn the Faun was carrying a pair of eyes at the end of the movie, behind his back. I thought it was a nice touch. The frog now... I'm not too sure that part makes sense in any way.

Mister Bile said...

In fact, I'm certain it doesn't.

Narraptor said...

Now that you mention it, I vaguely remember the eyes. I just didn't care by that point.

The movie both makes more sense and annoys me even more knowing that the Faun was behind it all. "See, it was me the whole time asking you to prove yourself!" is fine for a modern story, but I don't think that's what fairy tales are supposed to be about.

Mister Bile said...

I'm fairly sure that I've read fairy tales that ended up with everything being a test. I just haven't found any proof for this memory yet.