Monday, July 16, 2007

Is This Thing Still On?

Let's link to some bands. Press any button to start. That's it. Tilt your keyboard to engage the power of rock. All right. Now you've got it.

Unless Wikipedia and iTunes are lying to me, this guy has remade an old European dance hit into a song about playing Warcraft III. You can check out a remix of DotA (Defense of the Ancients) here for all your gaming synthpop needs. Personally, I prefer the radio edit on iTunes.

Beefy, one of three possibly sane people I met last year at the post-PAX nerdcore night, continues to impress. MC Front has the flow, and Optimus Rhyme certainly has the band, but Beefy is one of the few other nerdcore rappers I've listened to who exhibits talent beyond the ability to rhyme things with "l33t". Not only can you take pride in understanding "Table Top", you can dance to it.

Finally, allow me to reintroduce Lee Presson, accompanied by his Nails. As I mentioned months ago, he leads some sort of newfangled swing band hopped up on evil. I saw him perform as more than a mere keyboardist for Dead Man's Party last night, and I'd be shocked by how awesome I found it, if I didn't already know how much I love things that are awesome.

Cell phone videos on YouTube don't do the live show justice, so I offer the following example instead.
It's like Dr. Forrester left Deep 13 to start a band.

1 comment:

Mister Bile said...

If Dr. Forrester did start a band, I'm fairly sure I'd travel anywhere in the country to see it.

And if there were robots involved... well, that's just a given, isn't it?