Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Go Forth And Read Other Blogs

Events are in motion. My journey into Oblivion has progressed in level, though not in depth. As a byproduct of my heroism, my fingers have petitioned for a break from the land of Cyrodiil, and the keyboard and mouse in general.

Serendipitously, this is a convenient time for a Real Life vacation, as I am prepping for Mr. Bile's west coast tour and a bout of paranoia, both of which I will elaborate upon in the days to come. In the meantime, allow me to suggest some other blogs to help you through your workday. All are guaranteed to have distracted me for 5 minutes or more.


Graphpaper.com

This is what our blog would look like if I remembered anything about graphic design and HTML. Just be glad I don't retain any skill solely in the latter, otherwise our background would be neon green and the text yellow and flashing. I really wish I had thought of a graph paper background before running across this site. I must find some other form of innocuous, underused material to pattern Canned Food and Shotguns on. Canned food labels perhaps?

Is This Thing On?

I was directed to Jan Burke's blog on the recommendation of Keith Snyder, un-mystery author and Renaissance Man. Keith's a vocal opponent of print-on-demand authorship and the vanity press, and Burke, a mystery writer herself, recently wrote a series of posts on the subject. Her reasons for who should take advantage of such services are particularly interesting ("So you're going to die..."). Browsing through her site, it's the most consistently interesting solitary author blog I've encountered. Her essay on the detective as serial interviewer is what won me over.

Natalie Goes To Japan

I'm just jealous that I don't get to pass angry kappa on my way to work. It makes me wish I could have a midlife crisis so I can move to a cool foreign country and have something to blog about every day. All I see is the 405, the office, and if I'm lucky, some guy in a parking lot yelling, "What the fuck are you doing with my weed!" Ah, Starbucks.

Feed The Spiders
This would make more sense if I could find the ant blog that supposedly inspired it. Casual research suggests that it no longer exists.

Enjoy these fine blogs in the event that I am otherwise preoccupied with houseguests, laundry, and what promises to be a damn fine week of television and live performances.

4 comments:

Narraptor said...

I apologize for using the word "serendipitously." I might as well be making words up.

Mister Bile said...

It pays to increase your wordcabulary.

Narraptor said...

"I know that possibleness is not a cromulent word..."

jaxjaggywires said...

Me fail English? That's unpossible!