Thursday, April 05, 2007

April Ambition

Too many good things have been happening. Get an axe.

My Pal Skipp finally posted his movie on-line, and web-savvy readers can surely find
Jake's Wake if they enter the proper Google fu stance. Last weekend he tied for a Stoker, the Kid's Choice Award of the Horror Writers Association, splitting Superior Achievement in an Anthology with Joe R. Lansdale, which can only mean a six-gun standoff at dawn. Assuming Skipp survives, he can put "Stoker Award Winner" over his byline for the next 50 years. Hopefully this will encourage people who make book jackets to bring his paperbacks back into print.

Then last week I heard from an old friend I had lost touch with. A movie she worked on recently entered limited release--
Journey From The Fall. I have yet to see it myself, and it probably falls out of the general interest of our 8-strong and growing target demographic, but I'm happy for her. As it turns out, she's been living in LA for the past few years, so I now have one more party member for my schedule to conflict with.

Finally, an associate of mine fulfilled his rock star checklist on Saturday by playing at the Whisky A Go Go. It's one of those famous clubs you know about if you know anything about rock. If you're like me, you vaguely remember it from a
Behind the Music episode. A lazy Wikipedia search reveals that you probably like at least one band that made a name for themselves there. So it's a life goal complete, and I remember his set being good. (I'm pretty sure about that. The bartenders were a bit generous that night.)

Seeing my friends revel in their accomplishments, I couldn't help but be inspired to work on my own goals.


I haven't beaten a videogame since We Heart Katamari. This month, I will guide a transsexual high elf to glory.

1 comment:

Narraptor said...

I drafted this post earlier in the week, and my dark prophesises were fulfilled. Lordi cancelled their Los Angeles stop, and the first 3 minutes of Lost didn't end up on my tape tonight. All that's left to go wrong is for me not to be able to put Oblivion screenshots on the blog.

I've already tried one fix. If anyone else knows how to get this to work, let me know.