Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Path Of Corn, or the Box Of Orange

If you ever get the chance, going through a Corn Maze is surprisingly fun. Please keep in mind, however, that while it is quite easy to get through as long as you have your map, the moment you forget where you are, you will become forever lost. Suddenly, the sky will darken, your flashlight will slowly lose it's power, and your attempts to figure out where you are will be limited by the fact that the only landmarks you can find are "Corn" and "Corn."

Also, you won't be able to hear the sounds of people looking for you. The only thing you'll be able to hear is the noise of the corn whispering to you, as you wonder why the stars have vanished from the sky.

Instead, you can decide to be a more stay-at-home type, and enjoy the fruits of The Orange Box.
Portal is a very good game, although it's not quite as good as you may have heard. Over half of the game is devoted to gradually teaching you how to play the last few levels, and the puzzles stop getting any harder right when you've finally gotten the hang of things. Also, the game's dialogue is amusing, but it's hardly the laugh out loud comedyfest that most reviewers claim it to be.

Again, the game is good, but if it hadn't been packaged with the rest of the Orange Box, I would have wanted more for my money.

After you get done with that, there is the allure of
Team Fortress 2. So far, my accomplishments have been limted to fixing things so that I no longer had to jump in place to use my special weapons, and following around strangers and shooting them with a health ray. Soon, I hope to add "Shooting people in the head," to this list.

1 comment:

Narraptor said...

Just beat Portal. The last level was great, and I won't argue against it being one of the best endings for a video game ever.

I guess I'm going to be buying another Jonathon Coulton shirt at some point in the future. I do need more shirts.