Friday, October 26, 2007

Dreamt: Making Money

Immediately after reading Terry Pratchett's Making Money, I had a dream where I entered an underground street race against Lord Vetinari. I didn't lose too badly, but he was a master of the fabled Agatean Drift, whereas I tended to ram into buildings when taking corners.

Afterwards, I complimented his racing, and swore that my attempts to kill him had all been made in jest. Furthermore, I told him that I was excited about the new direction the Discworld books were taking. Clearly, the books about Moist Von Lipwig would eventually tell the story of how he would become the next Patrician, after Lord Vetinari's death.

Then I woke up. I can't say whether this was a prophetic dream or not. It certainly doesn't seem in Pratchett's character to build a multi-book plot arc where one character actually gets around to replacing another. On the other hand, I can fully believe that the way things are proceeding, it is only a matter of time before underground street racing hits Ankh-Morpork.

2 comments:

Mister Bile said...

Not included: The part of the dream where Lord Vetinari was wearing a dragon costume.

Narraptor said...

I was totally going to one-up you with my dream where Heroes met Degrassi and turned into The Eye by Cormac McCarthy, but I thought about it, and you'd win anyway.