Friday, February 16, 2007

Six Paragraph Prologue

I have been going through all our old posts adding tags and embiggening the font when necessary. Battlestar Galactica-related posts lead with 11 tags, role-playing and board games tie at 5, and monsters have 4. With the exception of the subject of this post, everything else comes in at 3 or less, but this will probably change when I assign Mr. Bile to give our archives a once over. (Why isn't The Night You'd Never Forget tagged under "haunted house"? It was late and I was tired.)

Afterwards, we will compile a list of all the tags used only once and call for a vote on what topics should be expanded upon and by whom. I expect essays on beings of pure energy, the
Frogtown barrier, and "..." to be high on our list of reader requests. But what do I know? I received no phone calls, comments, or e-mails about the state of my emotional health after posting this.

It's actually been a week of nightmares, but I think it has to do with the season. The "winter" months in Los Angeles not only give me reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder, there's also too much goddamn sunlight coming in my window at 8 in the morning. Bright light! It tastes like burning! Et cetera.


Going through the tags, it makes me sad that
Lost has only been addressed in a significant way 7 times. But I guess it makes sense. There have only been 8 episodes so far this season, and I extended my original spoiler embargo out of respect for Mr. Bile.

Actually, respect had nothing to do with it. What sort of insane person sits on addictive serial entertainment when they can down a fifth of cliffhangers in less than 24 hours? I was just being patient out of habit. That's all out the window now. Though he might be able to avoid reading my posts about the latest episodes
, I can spoil plot twists faster than he can hang up the phone.

I've also held back on
Lost love for the same reason I haven't written about Battlestar Galactica in the last two weeks. I'd rather create a blog for no one in particular than for one specific fanbase. (Yes, I know this doesn't equate to success, but it's what I want out my Internet media.) But as all the media attention focuses on "Urh, this smart show that requires people to remember what happened four episodes ago is losing viewers," and people are getting paid to not understand it on purpose, I think it's time someone stepped up with an eloquent defense before the first show to get halfway through completing its epic mystery died of viewer apathy.

CANNED FOOD AND SHOTGUNS

No comments: