Friday, December 29, 2006

A Vow Fufilled

Due to the following, I am morally obligated to approve of the Scott Pilgrim series, by Brian Lee O'Malley. (Warning: link provides no evidence that I'm right.)

1- The main story begins with an anime-styled love triangle between Scott Pilgrim, his current girlfriend, and the girl of his dreams.

2- His roommate locks Pilgrim out of his apartment. The roommate demands that Pilgrim make his decision, and break up with "His fake girlfriend" before he'll be allowed back inside.

3- Pilgrim does so, and never looks back.

It's about damn time that happened. Also, a "How appropriate, you fight like a cow," will win me over exactly three out of
four times.

A similar vow once caused me to read the entire The Night's Dawn books by Peter F. Hamilton. If I had known the name of the trilogy beforehand, I probably would have never picked up the first one. But once I found out that the books were about mankind's war against humans who had turned into beings of pure energy, I had to read it.

Oh, I hates beings of pure energy. Especially when people turn into them at the end of a book. This explains my anger when at the Deus Ex Machintastic ending, a main character turns into a being of even purer energy, and makes everything right with a wave of his kilowatt hand.


Really, I should've seen that coming.

No comments: