Friday, December 22, 2006

'Tis The Season No One Updates

I wanted to take a moment today to highlight our highly selective list of linked content, but this is probably the worst time of the year to do so.

It is the last workday before the Christmas and New Year's holidays, which means most web sites will not be updated for a week and a half at best. The links we offer here will only lead you to "best of the year" articles (or a list of "best articles of the year"), pre-generated content with no immediacy, movie reviews written weeks ahead of time, and podcasts that will return in 2007.


It would seem to be a bad week for those of us stuck at the office. (What the hell am I supposed to listen to on my commute? Music?) But never fear. Canned Food and Shotguns will still be updated on our usual irregular schedule throughout the holidays. So it will only suck for me, assuming I actually have time to browse the Internet at work, and Mr. Bile, who does not work in an office, much less The Office, which had the best Christmas episode ever.

I encourage anyone who missed the latter to pick it up via iTunes as a present to themselves. I know some of you might be on the torrents and believe information deserves to be free, but really, is $1.99 that bad a price for 42 minutes of information that contains the phrase: "We're going to Asian Hooters"?


And on the subject of Christmas presents, we may even have one or two for you next week. I already know what I'm getting you. If you have a wish list, send your suggestions to Mr. Bile immediately. I asked for a Tight Hat.


Hey, it's Christmas. I can make all the obscure references I want.

No comments: