Sunday, September 02, 2007

Viewed: Once

Talk about a great summer for movies. Although I've discussed Once to no end with my wife after seeing it yesterday, I feel speechless. I have that post Donnie Darko (before I saw the deleted scenes and talked with the man and got that bad vibe from Southland Tales) buzz for the first time in years. Your mileage may vary depending on your musical taste, but as far as I'm concerned Once is fucking brilliant.

I can only imagine the pitch meeting. "It's
Blair Witch meets a musical. Two singer-songwriter types confess their emotions through actions and song. Oh, and there are realistic reasons for why they're singing, because it's late at night, they're by themselves, and that's what people do."

If you have a girlfriend/boyfriend/partner/significant other, you should take them to see this movie. If you don't, grab the next beautiful person who inspires you and buy two tickets. You have nothing to lose except opportunity.

No comments: